- Liminal Tracks March 17, 2023
Views from where trains go.
- Liminal Suburbia February 16, 2023
At the edge between city, suburbia, and mountains…
- Look Up December 10, 2022
Clouds, sky, airplanes
- Red! Red! Red! November 20, 2022
Red jackets in photography…
- Camera Roll July 31, 2022
Film, photography, and what you see.
- Along the Boulevard July 18, 2022
Hot day along the old town street…
- Exploring The Salton Sea June 20, 2022
Exploring the Salton Sea with 4wd and cameras.
- Oxnard California March 4, 2022
Agriculture cities in California.
- Year End Of Times January 29, 2022
How’d that 2021 work out for ya? “May you live in interesting times,” the worst curse of them all.
I did not engage in much picture taking in December and January. I did however accomplish hip surgery in December and sepsis twice, residing in the hospital three times in six weeks, in the midst of Omicron ...
- Pictures of Something December 10, 2021
Taking a photograph of something or nothing…
- It’s A Big World November 6, 2021
Practicing photography, looking for “big”. It’s all luck…
- Old Navy October 22, 2021
The abandoned Navy base at the Salton Sea.
- In the Dark @ the Beach October 9, 2021
Night at the Salton Sea…
- Looking for Landscape September 8, 2021
What is a landscape photograph…
- Inside Baseball September 8, 2021
A photo essay about baseball starting in the suburbs.
- Fake Colored Photography August 31, 2021
Making fake colors in photographs from paintings.
- Anxiety, What A Concept August 5, 2021
Anxiety, What a Concept
I chose to not name it, “High Anxiety.” Mel Brooks already did it to Hitchcock…
There are many nice little suburban parks near me. All the vertical drop, steel slides and iron monkey bars over decomposed granite are now bright, exotic shaped plastic above colorful mats of reclaimed rubber. They are pleasant places ...
- Liminal Travel Photography June 27, 2021
Liminal travel photography in California.
- Hank Hill’s Lawn June 11, 2021
Lawn care and propane…
- First There Is A Mountain February 16, 2021
Taking photographs of mountains…
- Playland February 6, 2021
Playland ghosts and playgrounds.
- Fairy Light December 17, 2020
What happens in cabinets and cupboards when we turn away? Ask a fairy.
- Forgetting Your Mind Stuff December 1, 2020
What happens when you don’t think about what you take pictures of?
- Playing With Digital Camera Physics November 24, 2020
What happens when you force youe digital camera sensor to fail?
- What Do You Take Photographs Of? October 29, 2020
What are you taking a picture of? What is art? What is a good photograph?
- Too Perfect Isn’t or Then There’s Golf July 25, 2020
No, you can’t make it perfe4ct, and maybe you don’t want to.
- Jacaranda Neighborhoods June 3, 2020
A purple neighborhood walk in June.
- Experimenting With Resolution or Welcome to the Machine May 30, 2020
Trying to make high resolution digital images like large format film.
- Empty Places May 7, 2020
In the Back and Beyond.
- Blue Sky April 27, 2020
Blue sky in photographs.
- Santa Fe On The Eve Of The Plague March 21, 2020
Santa Fe, NM in March 2020.
- Gimping Thru Dreamland February 22, 2020
A limping photo tour of Los Angeles…
- The Subway Witch January 30, 2020
Dinner in the evening at a Subway sandwich shop…
- Leicas in Photoville LA 2019 May 18, 2019
Photowalks with Leica Camera at Photoville LA, 2019.